In these Rules, "we," "our" and "Dynamics" refer to Dynamics Inc., the manufacturer of your ePlate™ device (the "Card") and of all technology and related software incorporated in your Card or used to administer the ePlate™ Program. "You" and "your" refer to each individual who holds a Card that has been issued by a bank. "Experience™ Provider" refers to the party providing the benefits offered through this Experience™ application ("Application,") who, for this Application, is The Upper Deck Company, Inc.
By activating this Application, you give the Experience™ Provider the right to make use of the information concerning the location and amount for every transaction that you make associated with this Application. You may also, if in accordance with the Rules of this Application, authorize the Experience™ Provider to credit or debit additional charges to your account. By clicking the "Accept & Activate" button, you will activate this Application and thereby authorize the activities described below.
- You are eligible to participate in this Application if (a) you hold a Card, (b) your credit account related to your Card is in good standing and (c) you have activated this Application in the Experience Manager™ service. We reserve the right to approve, deny or revoke your participation in this Application and your redemption of benefits as a result of your participation in this Application for any reason. You will forfeit all progress toward earning benefits if your credit account related to your Card is closed or if that account is not in good standing.
- When you begin using your Card with this Experience™ activated, your "Qualifying Purchases" will earn:
- If you have an upgraded ePlate™ card, which does carry the annual Rewards Upgrade Fee, one (1) virtual trading card from a set in one of three primary sports (which you select from the Application’s Experience Manager™ service) for every cumulative five dollars ($5.00) that you spend.
- If you have a base ePlate™ card, which does not carry the annual Rewards Upgrade Fee, one (1) virtual trading card from a set in one of three primary sports (which you select from the Application’s Experience Manager™ service) for every cumulative ten dollars ($10.00) that you spend.
- The chance of earning a particular virtual trading card in your selected set is exactly the same for every virtual trading card, the odds of which are one (1) out of the total number of virtual trading cards in the set. The virtual trading cards earned are completely independent of one another. As a result, the previous virtual trading card earned has no impact on what the next virtual trading card earned might be. This could mean, potentially, that a single user could earn the same virtual trading card several times in a row. It also means that a single user may never earn a particular virtual trading card, no matter how many virtual trading cards are earned.
- You must select, within the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, the format in which the virtual trading cards that you earn will be presented. You may choose to receive (a) just the front of the virtual trading card or (b) both the front and back of the virtual trading card, with the back showing statistics associated with the subject of the virtual trading card. This choice will in no way impact your ability to complete a set of the virtual trading cards.
- Virtual trading cards will be sent to you in quantities ranging from one (1) to seven (7) cards per e-mail. If a Qualifying Purchase earns more than seven (7) cards, multiple e-mails will be sent. Because the chances of earning a particular virtual trading card in the selected set are exactly the same for every virtual trading card and because a single user could earn the same virtual trading card several times in a row, a single e-mail may contain multiples of the same virtual trading card.
- Virtual trading cards may also be purchased by authorizing an automatic $1.50 purchase to be made after every Qualifying Purchase that you make with your Card utilizing this Application. You will earn seven (7) virtual trading cards through this automatic purchase, in addition to the number of virtual trading cards that you may earn from the underlying Qualifying Purchase. To activate or deactivate this feature, you must check or uncheck this option in the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, before making a purchase with the Application selected.
- In the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, the set of virtual trading cards that you have earned is listed, with the names of the subjects of the virtual trading cards from the set displayed, along with the quantity of each virtual trading card from the set that you currently own, the unique virtual trading card code of each card that you own and a "trade" button for each of your virtual trading cards that are not in the process of being traded. Clicking on the code or the name of the subject of your virtual trading card that you own will allow you to view your virtual trading card.
- In the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, clicking the "trade" button in the virtual trading card list will allow you to initiate a trade of that virtual trading card. The first step in initiating a trade is to enter the primary account e-mail address of the Dynamics ePlate™ user to whom you want to trade the virtual trading card. Virtual trading cards may only be traded to other Dynamics ePlate™ users. When you initiate the trade, an e-mail is sent to the user to whom the virtual trading card is being traded informing him or her of the trade and providing the unique code for the virtual trading card. The individual virtual trading card being traded is then listed as "pending" on the sender’s virtual trading card list. While a trade is pending, the virtual trading card that is the subject of the proposed trade may not be traded to another user. You may cancel the pending trade at any time before the receiving user accepts the trade. To accept a trade, the receiving user enters the virtual trading card code in the text box provided in the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, and clicks on the green "plus" symbol. If the trade is valid, which means that the trade has not been cancelled by the sender, the virtual trading card will be removed from the initiator’s list and added to the list of the user to whom the virtual trading card was traded. A virtual trading card may only be traded by the current owner of the virtual trading card.
- Every time you have collected at least one (1) of every virtual trading card in a given set, a button will be activated at the bottom of your set list in the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, to allow you to redeem one (1) copy of each virtual trading card for a "mystery foil pack." Whenever a "mystery foil pack" is redeemed, one (1) of each virtual trading card from the set that you redeem will be removed from the listing of your collection in the Application. While you will retain the virtual trading cards that were previously e-mailed to you, access to the redeemed virtual trading cards in the Application, which is accessed through the Experience Manager™ service, will be removed until the card is earned again. In order to receive the mystery foil pack, you must click the redeem button and confirm your mailing address before it will be mailed to you (at no additional cost). The mystery foil pack is a pack of physical cards that will randomly contain exclusive and autographed cards. Please see www.upperdeck.com/ePlatePack for a full list of cards available, the odds of getting individual cards and rules concerning the "mystery foil packs."
- The Application will use the amount, time and merchant details of your qualifying purchases to determine your benefits.
- Dynamics reserves the right to cancel your participation in this Application, due to your violation of these rules, any suspected fraud on your part or any violation of the ePlate™ Ecosystem Program Rules, a copy of which can be found within the Experience Manager™ service under Settings, Notices, Terms and Conditions.
- This Application and the benefits offered hereby are provided at the discretion of Dynamics and the Experience™ Provider. Benefits that you earn through this Application are not the responsibility of the Card Issuer. Dynamics and the Experience™ Provider reserve the right to modify or change any Application rule, prize, benefit or feature, prospectively or retroactively, including, but not limited to, the removal, cancellation or suspension of the Application or any part thereof at any time upon reasonable notice to you. In the case of removal, cancellation or suspension of the Application, we also reserve the right to institute a wind-down period for the Application, during which time period you will have the opportunity to attempt to complete any benefits that you have been attempting to earn. You will be informed, at the outset of such a wind-down period and at our sole discretion, the structure of the wind-down program and whether you will forfeit your progress toward benefits that remain unearned or unredeemed at the end of the wind-down period.
- Dynamics reserves the right in its sole discretion to convert benefits, including progress towards benefits that remain unearned or unredeemed, within the Application and the ePlate™ Ecosystem upon reasonable notice.
- Dynamics and the Experience™ Provider shall not be liable for any death, bodily harm and/or property damage which may result from your participation in the Application or your earning of Application benefits. You are responsible for determining how to use your benefits. Dynamics and the Experience™ Provider completely fulfill their responsibilities to you under this Application by providing you with the benefits that you earn pursuant to these Rules.
- We reserve the right to modify or change these Application Rules at any time.